Wednesday, August 3, 2016

My head in the clouds

Malham to Horton- in -Ribblesdale 14.5 miles (23.5k)

I was going to have a rest from blogging tonight but I have had such a great day.

We were in mist or cloud all day.

I think I fancy doing some watercolour painting so these scenes really appeal to me.

These twin cairns are called The Two Stone men.

The guide book says to look around.

For the first time in days there are no towers or obelisks on the horizon.

Visibility was so poor we could see very little until we descended a bit.

This is the view of Pen-y-Ghent as we approached.


At 2283ft/696m it was going to be a tough climb.

 

The trig point at the summit, not much view.

And then the slow descent.

Lovely flash bedroom awaiting us tonight.

 

3 comments:

  1. And have you seen the Ribbleheadviaduct? It is so lovely there. Thank you for walking there and showing you pictures on the blog, i am a little bit in the yorkshiredales.
    have good walk to day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, have come from Sweet P's blog. Lovely pictures of the British landscape. Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to have a rest now and again! PS I too love British flea markets! Your spool holder is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly had your fair share of mist on the walk today! Lovely photos again of the country.

    ReplyDelete