Thursday, August 4, 2016

Roman Road

Horton-in-Ribbersdale to Hawes, 15 miles (24 kilometres)

I had a great post composed in my head while walking. Lost it now.

 

For some time we walked on a Roman road. Imagine that.

How many hundreds of years ago did Romans tramp along this road?

I'm glad I had more on my feet than Roman sandals.

The weather has been spectacular.

Clouds and wind and rain whipping around us.

Don't think I am complaining, just sharing the experience.

 

I was standing at the bottom of this rise trying to capture the clouds,

when whoosh,

(I didn't have time to gat the camera out)

4 trail bikes came screaming over the hill.

Hardly seen a soul all day and then....

 

and more...

And then A FIGHTER JET CAME SCREAMING DOWN THE VALLEY BELOW US.

(I didn't have time to get the camera out)

So close and we were above it.

So that was my exciting day. How was yours?

 

2 comments:

  1. As children we used to go up onto the hills and walk the Roman Road, wonderful huge blocks of smooth rock chariot wheel width apart and deeply worn where the chariot wheels had worn the stone down. Magical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete