Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!


 Happy New Year every One.
I have decided that this year that I am going to have a go at some tutorials
So here is the first.
I have seen  a lot of zig zags in the decorating pages recently so I decided to adapt a quilt I have already made to be a bit crooked zig zag quilt.


 I have started with 2 metres of 2 different fabrics.
Cut strips selvedge to selvedge 4 1/2" wide.
Your first decision:
How many?
Do a few and see if you like it before getting overcommitted



Place 2 strips together both right sides up.
  Cut the strips into 5" pieces
and then cut these cross wise but a bit crooked.
Be sure your are cutting the correct way!!



 Now swap top piece for the one underneath.

 Sew them together.
I flag sew!


Press to the darker fabric.
You should have a 4 1/2" square.
Lots of them!
I'll be back when I have counted them.

No comments:

Post a Comment