Thursday, July 25, 2013

Bude

8.5 miles
4 severe, 4.5 moderate.
They quote 4 hours but it took us 5 hours.
Too much gazing at the view (and catching our breath).
The day started much like yesterday's finished.
Several descents followed by the inevitable ascent.
Gruelling.
I counted my steps:
1,2,3,4...
21,22,23...
50. Pause to breathe.



Hawkers Hut has an interesting story. It was built by the eccentric Vicar of Morwenstow, the Reverend Stephen Hawker from the timbers of shipwrecked craft.
Shh. They are listening.

I'm thinking a quilt. Sort of " New York beauty"?



I don't want to wear you down with too many photos but today was beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Can't have too many...loving it Maria! Loved the little hut from shipwrecks. A bit worried about the path that looked like it headed into the sea. Off to school for me this am. Picking up ticket for craft show from Marg after school.

    ReplyDelete