Friday, October 31, 2014

a lot of squares stitched together

A local "critic" has described my pieces in this exhibiton as 
just a whole lot of squares stitched together.
I take issue with the word just.
Just is a funny word, don't you think? 
Just arrived?
Just beautuiful?
Just a thousand?
Just a million?
Anyway they are a whole lot of squares and rectangles from
repurposed kimonos
 stitched together.
 Just  look for yourself.


I think you are going to get sick of my latest obsession....

This is the view from my kitchen which I have tried to work into this little piece,

and I have finished these.
They are about half the size of a postcard.


4 comments:

  1. I suppose the critic's work is just a whole lot of words put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a house is a whole lot of bricks just stacked one on top of each other. Luckily architects and talented patchworkers know how to 'just' put them in the right place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never tire of these mini's...they are JUST adorable...and that critic is just ignorant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh oh , maybe just a bit jealous?

    ReplyDelete