Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Osmotherly to Clay Bank Top

13 1/2 miles or 22 kilometres.
We started straight off with a big walk uphill
and downhill
and uphill and downhill and uphill and downhill.....
933 metres ascent and 923 metres descent
We started in lovely sunshine with a light breeze.
I took lots of photos of Osmotherly but I think I might wait a while to post them.
Remember the old quilt appliqué pattern of houses?
I think I might do my own.
It was a good day for photos....
Now that's what I like in a path. We had quite a bit of good path today.
The path has been laid to protect the moor but a few days back,
Kirkby Stephen to Keld,
they said stones would have spoilt the moor.
Hmmm, one neat path or bog and tracks everywhere?
Not to mention safety.

Up high we could see all the way to the North Sea,
Still 3 more days away, walking.
Thinking we were well ahead of schedule we stopped for cake and a cuppa.
So refreshing before our next couple of hills.



And then the weather caught up with us...
It felt like being in a washer/dryer, getting wet and blown dry at the same time.
But the wet cycle won even though the wind was ferocious.
You know, I just don't think my photos have done the scenery justice today.
It was magnificent.

1 comment:

  1. I am so enjoying this wonderful trek with you, far across the ocean. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete