Thursday, November 19, 2015

Quilted

Yesterday I made an early start on this scrap quilt.

I had been mulling over how to quilt it but given the recipient

I thought machine quilting would be the most hardy,

and the quickest.

Had to take a break around lunch time

but by late afternoon it was all done!

The recipient wasn't too sure.....

Normally she carefully steps around quilts when they are laid out on the floor

so it took a while for her to relax.

Wish I had made her a quilt sooner.

Whoops!

I don't know how I did that...

I lost the last post so I will put the photos back again..

 

Oh, the wonders of technology.

 

7 comments:

  1. Interesting to see the way various fabrics catch the eye and lead it through the quilt, and how others stay in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I love the irreverent personality of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night our guild had a well-known maker of modern quilts and promoter of improv works. This fits the descriptions. She quilted them like most modern quilts - by machine with lots of straight lines, etc. Very cool. Cheryl Arkison - http://www.cherylarkison.com/ Not everyone likes this style of quilting, but it seems to go well with improv!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a personal bias, preferring hand quilting. However I think machine quilting this piece could also be quite successful. You always make wonderful choices. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so happy on your quilt. I love the fabric together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fabrics are wonderful. I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the unruly patching! Very nice result. Lies Koster ( huisvlijtigliesje.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete