Wednesday, August 7, 2019

A Tale


I am part of a local artist group, SHAC, and we have just had a great exercise in collaboration.
All our names were put into a hat and then drawn out to form pairs.
You know how it goes. Completely random.
I scored a wood worker which initially worried me.
No need it seems.
He was thrilled to draw my name and had instantaneously formed an idea for his project.




So, how lucky am I?
He made me a quilt stand. To keep.
It is gorgeous.
Beautifully made. Brass fittings. Smooth...


 And I can hang one quilt with the removable rod or lots of quilts. 
And on both sides! 
Can you tell I am a bit excited?




2 comments:

  1. Wow! The Stand is a beautiful, sleek, simple design. Fabulous! And all the quilts displayed are fabulous too! What are you making for your carpenter friend?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in on your blog and seeing as you haven't posted in a while, I hope that all is well. Happy New Year from a reader who enjoys your many talents. :)

    ReplyDelete